The Reluctant Dragon - Inc. Blackstone Audio,  Inc., Bruce Blau, Susan McCarthy, David Thorn, Kenneth Grahame, Full Cast

Why did I read it? I had read The Wind in the Willows when I was a child, and only recently discovered that Kenneth Grahame had authored other books, about which I was unaware. This story sounded interesting.

What's it about? Two children are following footprints in the snow, when a neighbour calls them in for warming tea, and begins to tell them the story of the friendship between a boy, and a dragon living in a cave up on the Downs.

What did I like about it? It's a very nice, old fashioned story for children. Very English.

The audio was clear, without any errors.

What didn't I like? I think I may have chosen an awful audio version to which to listen. It was a full cast production, but with American actors, and, honestly, it spoilt all the fun of the story. I think if it had been a cast with English accents, it might have been better.

Would I recommend it? Oh yes, but not this particular edition. A great bedtime story I imagine.